Investment goals can include:
- Short term goals: goals you would like to achieve over six months to two years, such as saving for a boat, home extension, new car or travel.
- Medium term goals: those goals you would like to achieve over the next two to five years, which may include starting or expanding a business.
- Long term goals: goals that you aim to achieve that are more than five years away, such as saving for your children's education and retirement.
Choosing the right investment options is important and is determined by a number of factors including:
- Risk: what is your level of risk tolerance? Are you comfortable with taking risks? Do you have big investment goals? Are you a conservative investor? Would you prefer safer investment options?
- Investment type: there are many investment types, with varying degrees of risk and levels of expected return, from term deposits, to bonds, property, shares, managed funds and more.
- Super: investing through your super fund may be an option.
- Access to money.
- How much you can invest - over the short term and the longer term.
- Stage of life.
- Tax considerations - what are the tax implications on the investment earnings?
We take the time to assist you, to identify which type of asset class makes most sense, and then assist you to make either a direct or indirect investment accordingly.
This website contains information that is general in nature. It does not take into account the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person. You need to consider your financial situation and needs before making any decisions based on this information.